National Poster Sessions
Call for Abstracts
When you plan designs and construction techniques for productions, don’t forget about this opportunity to share innovations with peers. New solutions to old problems, a new problem and its solution, a classroom or management technique, the results of research, or other ideas, discoveries, or developments in your field are all welcomed areas of creative research.
Poster presentations are widely accepted as meeting the requirements for scholarly publication. Those who work for an educational institution may be able to receive full or partial funding to attend the conference.
All submissions will be blind juried by your peers in the Poster Selection Committee. Posters may be selected for presentation at the conference or for viewing online. Ideas need to be presented in the form of an abstract. In your abstract, please include:
- Title of your poster
- In 250 words or less, address the following questions:
- How is this topic relevant to your specific area?
- What do you imagine the content of the poster to be?
- How does your poster advance the professional discussion of this topic?
- How is your work an innovative solution to the identified problem, or how does it address a new problem?
Do not include your name or any personal identification on your abstract. This includes the file name for your abstract. This is a blind jury selection. You will be identifiable to poster administrators through the website submission process.
The timeline is as follows:
- Friday, October 8th Submission portal is open.
- Thursday, December 16th Submission portal is closed.
- December 17th – January 5th Abstracts are under peer review for selection.
- Thursday, January 6th Applicants notified of acceptance or non-acceptance.
- Thursday, January 20th First draft of poster due for editing process.
- Monday, January 31st Edits and comments due back to presenters.
- Thursday, February 10th Final poster due to national office.
- March 2022 USITT’s Annual Conference and Stage Expo in Baltimore
Please see the Poster and Copyright Guidelines worksheet for more information on submission guidelines .