Stage Management Mentor Project
Stage Management Mentor Project (SMMP) offers students and young professionals interested in stage management the opportunity to participate in a practical training experience. With the support of professional stage managers, participants coordinate and manage the major events of the Annual Conference & Stage Expo. Students and mentors work together to prepare and realize the various and often complex events.
In addition, all members of the project participate in roundtable discussions about stage management and related areas and skills. Mentors are drawn from the ranks of established professionals who work in a wide variety of live performance venues and participants in the SMMP have the opportunity to make crucial and lasting contacts as they move into the profession.
- Students must be enrolled in at least the third year of a University or post-secondary institution.
- Young professionals must be in their first two years of paid employment in a performing arts field.
- Must be available from Tuesday - Saturday of the Conference week
- Entry fee (non-refundable)
- If accepted into the program, students must be or become a USITT Student member